royal Ngala safaris
Terms & Conditions
Reservations and Payments
- Reservations should be made by contacting Royal Ngala Safaris, hereinafter referred to as RNS, at the address indicated below.
- Safaris are booked and confirmed only on receipt of a 35% advance payment of the basic safari rate. This advance payment is due within ten (10) days of confirming the reservation. There shall be no binding contract until the advance payment has been received by RNS. Failure to remit your advance payment on time will result in an automatic change of status of any confirmed space to a provisional basis and the possible inability to reinstate your reservation. When RNS receives your advance payment, a booking reference number will be assigned and noted on your original invoice. This number shall be deemed to constitute acceptance and confirmation of your booking. Your EFT will act as your receipt.
- If RNS is NOT making your complete travel arrangements for you, it will be necessary to furnish us with a copy of the confirmation of your transportation arrangements before we confirm our portion of your travel plans. RNS cannot be held liable for any penalties or losses incurred as a result of voluntary or involuntary changes to transportation schedules.
- Please make all payments to: Royal Ngala Safaris
- The balance is due no later than sixty (60) days prior to commencement of your safari. If the balance has not been received by that date, RNS shall be entitled in its discretion to treat your reservation as cancelled, and consequently to forfeit such part of the advance payment as determined solely by RNS. Late payments will be subject to a 5% surcharge on the balance.
- Any reservation made within sixty (60) days of commencement of a safari may be accepted provided space is available, payment in full is received, and provided that documents can be delivered prior to departure.
- RNS will not provide tickets, coupons, vouchers or documents until full payment has been received by RNS.
- RNS will not accept responsibility for EFT charges.
- No client will be permitted into the field without payment in full being received by RNS.
- Many accommodations offered by RNS have a limited capacity. It is essential to make reservations well in advance to insure your preferred arrangements.
Cancellation and Refunds
- On advancement of deposit to RNS, the depositor therefore agrees to be bound by the company’s terms and conditions. Any cancellation of a booking must be in writing and shall only be effective upon its acknowledged receipt by RNS. At the time of cancellations, a full refund or credit will be made, less the following charges:
- Up to 61 days before departure: 35% of the tour cost*
- 60 to 30 days before departure: 50% of the tour cost*
- Less than 30 days before departure: 100% of the tour cost*
- *Plus any handling fees, permits, and non-refundable supplier deposits. Additionally, airline tickets are subject to the carriers policies. Most tickets are non-refundable.
- If you are a “no show”, RNS shall be entitled to treat your reservation as cancelled without having given RNS any notice.
- Any request to amend or change a booking once it has been confirmed may be accommodated subject to space availability and if any further payment is required by the properties, these charges will be added to your final invoice.
- No refunds are given (1) for lost travel time or substitution of facilities, (2) for itineraries amended after departure, (3) for circumstances arising beyond the control of RNS, necessitating alternative arrangements being made to ensure the safety and / or further participation and enjoyment of your safari, (4) if you do not appear for any accommodation, service, sightseeing or trip segment without notifying RNS, or (5) if you leave your safari after it has begun, or miss any scheduled sightseeing, activities, meals or accommodations.
For Your Information
- RNS acts as booking agent for hotels, airlines, air charters, bus companies, ground transportation, boat purveyors or owners, and other independent contractors providing accommodations, transportation and / or other services abroad. Each of these companies is an independent corporation with its own management and is not subject to the control of RNS.
- RNS does not have the right to control the operations of independent operators and their suppliers, RNS cannot be held liable for any personal injury or property damage which may arise out of these services. RNS reserves the right to cancel any itinerary or any part of it, to make such alterations in the itinerary as it deems necessary or desirable, to refuse to accept or to retain as a member of any safari any person at any time, and to pass on to safari members any expenditure incurred by delays or events beyond its control. In case of any appreciable variation in cost, RNS reserves the right to adjust its rates.
- It is your sole responsibility to take all appropriate medical advice prior to departure as to whether or not you are fit enough to undertake the trip booked. RNS shall not be liable for any illness, injury or death sustained on a safari sold by RNS which is not due to the gross negligence of RNS its officers, employees, authorized representatives or agents whomsoever.
- “Force Majeure” shall mean that RNS will not be liable for any alleged damages because of any circumstances including, but without limitation, acts of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident, war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance, or requisition, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions or other untoward occurrences.
- If RNS is affected by Force Majeure it shall forthwith notify you of the nature and extend thereof.
- RNS shall not be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise be liable to you, by reason of delay in performance, or by non-performance, of any of its obligations hereunder to the extent that any such delay or non-performance is due to any Force Majeure.
- If RNS is affected by Force Majeure it shall be entitled to, and may in its sole and absolute discretion, vary or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the trip. Payment of any refund by RNS to you as a result of the non-performance of any of the obligations of RNS hereunder shall remain in its sole and absolute discretion, although RNS shall use its reasonable endeavours to reimburse you where possible. However, RNS shall be entitled to deduct from any refund recoverable the reasonable actual and potential costs to RNS of the Force Majeure.
- Regarding civil unrest, once RNS has investigated the prevailing situation as it deems fit, it shall remain in the sole discretion of RNS whether to proceed with the trip. You may in such circumstances cancel the trip. However, if, after having made all reasonable and proper inquiries, RNS is of the opinion that the trip may proceed, no refund will be payable to you.
- RNS recommends that you obtain the following types of insurance which are commercially available: Emergency Medical Evacuation, Accidental Death and Disability, Loss of Personal Effects, Major Medical, and Trip cancellation.
- Rates used in the safaris are based on tariffs and exchange rates valid at the time of printing and advertising safaris. Should a rate vary against the USD by more than 3%, RNS reserves the right to recalculate the safari cost and apply the differential as a surcharge. Any refund made by RNS shall be in its absolute and sole discretion.
Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions govern the relationship between RNS and you. To the total exclusion of any other terms and conditions. No alterations to the terms and conditions may be made by any unauthorized employee of RNS, authorized representatives or agents, unless in writing by an authorized employee of RNS All decisions and matters subject to the discretion of RNS shall be made by an authorized officer or employee of RNS.
Carriage by Land, Sea and Air
- Carriage by Land, Sea and Air is subject to the terms and conditions of the carrier with whom you travel and to international conventions – some which may limit liability. Land, Sea and Air travel are also subject to operational decisions of carriers and sea ports which may result in cancellations, delays or diversions, over which RNS has no control and for which RNS accepts no liability whatsoever.
- The passenger contract in use by the airline carriers concerned, when issued, shall constitute the sole contract between the transportation companies and the purchaser of these programs and / or the passengers.
- Temporary or permanent loss of baggage is the responsibility of you or the carrier. Please note that when traveling by light aircraft during your safari, space is limited, and luggage is limited to a weight restriction of 33 – 44 lbs (depending on aircraft type-some private charters may be less) per passenger, and ONLY soft luggage or duffel bags are allowed. No hard suitcases are allowed, and NO EXCEPTIONS will be made.
Travel Documents and Vaccinations
- It is your responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, travel permits, health certificates, inoculations, international driving license, or other documentation required for the trip are obtained and are in order. It is your responsibility to meet any additional costs incurred by yourself or by RNS on your behalf as a result of any failure by you to comply with such requirements. Anti-malaria precautions should be commenced prior to departure. Please consult your physician for more details. Safari clients should bring their own insect repellent as this is often not available in the camps.
- You must advise RNS in writing of any special requests, i.e. diet, facility or physical handicap, when you submit your reservation request to RNS, which will be met if possible.
Information in Brochures / Electronic Advertisements
- All information given in any brochure or otherwise advertised, (including electronic advertisements on the Internet) is, to the best of RNS’s knowledge, correct, but RNS reserves the right to change same. The photographs reproduced and information provided depict typical scenes experienced and details on each destination; but the subject matter may not necessarily be seen or experienced while visiting that destination.
- If you have any cause for complaint while on safari, you must immediately bring it to the attention of the local representative of RNS or agent, who will attempt to resolve the situation.
- The payment of the advance payment OR any partial payment for a reservation on a safari constitutes consent to all provisions of the conditions and general information contained in any brochure (electronic or otherwise), invoice and travel documents. The terms under which you agree to take these safaris cannot be changed or amended, except in writing, signed by an authorized officer of employee of RNS.
Condition of Booking
- You shall comply with instructions of any representative of RNS, safari guide or local ground operator at all times. No client shall be accepted or be permitted to continue on a safari while their status or mental or physical condition is, in the opinion of any representative of RNS, safari guide or local ground operator, such as to render them incapable of caring for themselves or make themselves objectionable to other safari clients or become a hazard to themselves or other safari clients and RNS will not be responsible for expenses by such persons precluded from completing the safari for this reason.
Notice of Enforceability
- Please remember, when you book travel related services with RNS, you are entering into a binding agreement that assumes all terms and conditions are fully understood as stated in this document. On advancement of deposit to RNS, the depositor therefore agrees to be bound by the company’s terms and conditions.